Most of us will be very happy if we lose weight. Most especially for people who are overweight and obese. It can add to our confidence when we have sexy and well-shape bodies. It is proven that people with sexy bodies are more attractive. However, it depends on how they present and brought their self in the public.
Modern treatment modalities for overweight and obese now include cool sculpting for fat removal. This is non-invasive procedure and this is considered as one of the easy ways to remove fat. This procedure freezes fats and kill cells. Yet,we should be aware of every change that our body has gone through. But when a person experienced weight loss without making any diet, there could be something wrong. There could be underlying causes for it.
Our weight is determined by the calorie intake, age, weight and nutrition absorption that we have. If we consume more than our body can burn, then it could lead to obesity. If the person losses about 5-10% of his body weight, he is subject for investigation.
Possible Causes of Unexplained Weight Loss
As I mention, underlying medical condition could be the cause for unexplained weight loss. Below are some of the medical conditions that could be the possible causes.
- Addison’s Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Celiac Disease
- Thyroid Disorders (Hyper and Hypothyroidism)
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- Cardiac Failure
- Peptic Ulcer
- Crohn’s Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Eating Disorder
- Inflammation of the joints (arthritis)
- Digestive Problems
- Cognitive Diseases
- Dental Problems
- Kidney Diseases
- Mouth sores
Behavioural Factors and Conditons
- Drug Abuse
- Loss of appetite
- Body malaise
- Nausea and vomiting
- Using of medications
People with tumors require blood supply in order to grow. They also releases wastes and needs body nutrients to replenish the loss products. It alters then your normal metabolism that can lead now to weight loss.
Signs and Symptoms of Unexplained Weight Loss
Successive losing of 5-10% of your weight for the past six months needs to be treated immediately.
In Men and Women
Unexplained weight loss can sadden an individual. It can attribute to mental health complications. When a person feel depressed and down, it can now lead to many undesirable conditions.
This is the most complicated one. When we noticed that our children especially the small ones is losing weight, parents would be alert. Children who are losing weight unintentionally become weak and worst can be mortality.
Treatment of Unexplained Weight Loss
Diagnosing and confirming the underlying cause is the best way to treat this condition. Physicians may require you different laboratory and diagnostic exam to fully diagnose the condition and also nutritional assessment for evaluation. The function and mental status of your family member should also be reviewed. Your health care provider will evaluate your signs and symptoms and you must state everything. Listed below can also be a big help.
- Listing all the possible of your health conditions for the past six months
- Maintaining a well-balanced-nutritional diet can help
- Establishing exercise program
- Psychological counsellingis also recommended to ease the impact of the weight loss
- Depending on the underlying causes, you should seek expert for the particular disease cause
- Follow every treatment regimen that your physician advise
- See a dietician for the proper foods that you need to it in order to gain back your weight
- Answer all of your physician’s question for them to know and determined your health status
- Take caution especially if the cause is digestive problems because there are certain foods that you must not eat
- Have soft diet if you have dental problems and mouth sores
- Learn the types of diet to have a knowledge on the foods that you must eating
- Avoid too much stress and fatigue
- Have time management so that you can have enough time to rest
- Have a good sleep for 8 hours so that you digestion will be in normal phase
- Increasing fluid intake is also recommended
- Take the proper medication for the underlying disease
- Have vaccinations to protect self from diseases
- Have regular check-up to evaluate how many pounds you gain after following the treatment regimen
- Nutritional supplements are also advise to take